2013/2/1 Rick Timmis <rick.tim...@abazander.com>

> My take is as follows
>
> I believe we should look to keep things simple and unified. Kubuntu has
> set out its stall as a default KDE experience, it should stick with that.
>
> encouraging more users to "Try Out" Rekonq, grows the users and testing
> community, and provides the potential for greater feedback, and increased
> development for the upstream project. This is true for the whole KDE
> package set.

if you go here http://www.kubuntu.org/ you will read

Kubuntu, making your PC friendly

and if you know what is ubuntu you should understand that ubuntu is NOT a
distro for testing software
it's linux made simple for end-user. you wanna support rekonq well make an
icon that will install rekonq instead here we got the opposite.

> I do not like the idea, of adding questions to the installer, in fact I
> feel that it would be better to remove questions, ask less, assume more.
> Whilst our technically savvy users may not appreciate this, think about the
> broader audience.
>
> We're are trying to persuade Sally Smith, who bought her Laptop from a
> local retail store, all fully loaded with all sorts of software. All she
> had to do was switch it on and give it a user name and set her password.
>
> That's what we're competing with, so we must try to recreate that user
> experience in our own way.
>
> However, you make an excellent point about users not knowing about
> Software Centre, but perhaps this could be better served with some
> explanatory information that is presented as the installer takes care of
> business
>
> ATB
>
> Rick Timmis

if you do a good installer the first things will be

* the partition stuff
*software to install

*keyboard language and user password stuff

then the computer can do all the installation by itself wihout user actions

so adding a question is good , users are not stupid i think a more question
will not kill them expecially if they want install linux that is not a
ultra easy task.