> So while I still don't agree that this is free of risk of regression (e.g.,
> a system with both kubuntu and ubuntu desktops installed could see a direct
> regression under the ubuntu session as a result of this change), I also

Could you elaborate a bit on how this would affect the unity session? Sure
performance might take a hit in certain cases, and we're very well
aware of that,
but the pro's of changing the scheduler to cfq in order to get better
performance in a KDE session
outweigh this performance hit ( if there is one ).

And could be we move forward with the SRU itself? Anyone want to
approve it from the -proposed queue?

Cheers
Rohan Garg