Gregory Haskins wrote:
> We could change the API to handle the pending condition as a tri-level

I just thought of a better way.  Leave the return value as a boolean, but use
the concept of the mask_reasons.  It simplifies the logic, and allows the
irqdevice to register for additional VMEXITs regardless of whether its
currently injecting something or not. So we have:

  spin_lock(vcpu- >irq_lock)
  vcpu->exit_reasons = 0;
  nmi = !irq_window_open(vcpu)
  if (vcpu- >irq- >pending(nmi, &mask_reasons))
      inject(vcpu, vcpu- >irq- >read_vector(nmi))
  if (mask_reasons) {
        if (mask_reasons & MASKREASON_TPR)
          vcpu->exit_reasons &= TPR;
      /* etc */