Gregory Haskins wrote:

> Gregory Haskins wrote:
>
>> We could change the API to handle the pending condition as a tri-level
>>

> I just thought of a better way.  Leave the return value as a boolean, but use
> the concept of the mask_reasons.  It simplifies the logic, and allows the
> irqdevice to register for additional VMEXITs regardless of whether its
> currently injecting something or not. So we have:
>
>   spin_lock(vcpu- >irq_lock)
>   vcpu->exit_reasons = 0;
>   nmi = !irq_window_open(vcpu)
>   if (vcpu- >irq- >pending(nmi, &mask_reasons))
>       inject(vcpu, vcpu- >irq- >read_vector(nmi))
>   if (mask_reasons) {
>         if (mask_reasons & MASKREASON_TPR)
>           vcpu->exit_reasons &= TPR;
>       /* etc */
>   }
>   spin_unlock(vcpu- >irq_lock)

It's more complex than that; you need to program the hardware to exit on
a specific threshold level of tpr values (e.g. exit when tpr <= n).

It's a little sad to encode a complex condition (wait for nmi window
opening/wait for irq window opening/wait for irq window opening with tpr
<= n) in irqdevice, then decode it in the vcpu and program the hardware
accordingly.