Avi Kivity wrote:
> You can call kvm_disable_irqchip_creation() to kill in-kernel pic and
> friends.
>
> (the logic is inverted -- the function should be
> kvm_enable_irqchip_creation() so that this problem would not occur)

Ok, will try, next question first though as I'm running in trouble much
earlier in -44:  I get suspious page faults.

I *think* it happens because I'm changing guest page tables from outside
(i.e. host application), and the new intel pgtable optimization bits
don't expect that (yes, it is a vt box).

A quick scan of kvmctl.h doesn't show anything which looks like I could
call to tell kvm the guest page tables have been modified.  Hints how to
handle this?

thanks,
  Gerd