Avi Kivity wrote:
> We've now switched to allocating guest memory in userspace rather than
> in the kernel.  This is important if you have a mainframe, but also if
> you want to share memory between guests and implement nice features like
> swapping.

we did a quick test against this version and it's turn out the smp
guests are still not working. even if we start only one linux guest with
4cpu on 4cpu host the guest kernel hangs at random stages of the kernel
different random stage), but it's never reach the end of the kernel so
hang somewhere inside the kernel. and the cpu usage of these process
goes up to until the qemu-kvm processes eat all cpus (ie. 100%). the
strange thing is that the host is running no error on console just these
 and similar are in dmesg:
-------------------------------
Ignoring de-assert INIT to vcpu 1
SIPI to vcpu 1 vector 0x03
SIPI to vcpu 1 vector 0x03
Ignoring de-assert INIT to vcpu 2
SIPI to vcpu 2 vector 0x03

but the good news that if we run more single cpu guests (both linux and
windows) than it seems to working (at least in the last half an hour:-).
which means that kvm-46 is as usable as kvm-36 for us (which was not the
case with all previous version), but of course this's a very subjective
'fact':-)