> I'll try writing a patch that does what I mean and post it.
> Either I'll
> convince you that in-kernel is simpler, or I'll convince myself that
> it is harder.

OK, let us see which one is simple.

BTW, you have swapped to N+1 SMP model in this discussion which
is not there yet. And this is the difference.

For me N+1 model means the device emulation will go to the N+1 thread
while all CPU execution will still be in its own thread. It looks like
you
are proposing different.

Eddie