Avi Kivity wrote:

>> It can in theory, but do we have the real usage for
>> qemu_system_reset which is the only caller of
>> KERNEL RESET.
>>

> Well, if the guest resets itself, then reset is called from the vcpu
> thread.  If we reset from the qemu monitor, it can be called from a
> non-vcpu thread.

OK, now we know where the difference understanding comes from.
But I have different opnion here:
        Qemu monitor reset --> do_system_reset ->
        qemu_system_reset_request -> reset_requested = 1;

Above ops happens in non-vcpu thread, but this thread doesn't do
real reset ops. It is the VCPU thread which will do
qemu_system_reset if reset_requested == 1 later on.

Maybe I still miss your point :-(

Eddie