[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Avi Kivity wrote:
>> A bitmap would do it, but what size?  Expandable ones are messy.
> We could have a #define KVM_CPU_BITMAP_SIZE in the arch specific
> header files that go to include/asm/. For s390, we have one of our
> rocket science virtualization accelerating facilities that limits us
> to 64 cpus per guest. This may well be extended later on, but for now
> that would be sufficient. Thinking about Christoph Lameter with his 4k
> CPU boxes, I believe ia64 would want faaaar more than that.

IA64/KVM will handle interrupt in kernel including IPI IMO, so what
user level need to tell kernel is which platform IRQ pin is set/cleared.

Can't S390 do in similar way? From platform point of view, each
irq can have a unique # and the device itself doesn;t need to know
 which CPU will receive it.  Are talking about having your interrupt
 controller in user space? or I missed something.

Love to study the spec later :-)
Eddie