On Nov 18, 2007 2:47 AM, Avi Kivity <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Neo Jia wrote:
> >
> > Thank you for your response! Now, I can build modules from kvm.git
> > instead of build the whole kernel.
> >
> > Any comments for the TODO item or bug  I need to pick up first?
> >

> It depends on your knowledge of the x86 architecture and experience in
> virtualization.  If you have little experience, you might try the
> interactivity improvements tasks on the TODO.  If you're looking for a
> difficult task, pick one of the guest failures from the sourceforge bug
> list.

Avi,

Thanks for your suggestions! I have some understanding of x86 archs
(tables and system call implementations). For virtualization,  I have
read several papers from vmware.

So, I think probably for me at this moment some simple bugs should be
a good starting point, which can help me understand the code and also
the development/debugging of KVM.

Another question is about the architecture, I found it seems that the
32-bit platform is much more stable than 64-bit. Should I switch my
system to 64-bit for later work?

Thanks,
Neo

--
I would remember that if researchers were not ambitious
probably today we haven't the technology we are using!