Carsten Otte wrote:KVM_IRQ_LINE
> Zhang, Xiantao wrote:
>>      Since IA64's irqchip is always in kernel side, so we don't need
>> kvm_vcpu_ioctl_interrupt for irq delivery. Should we moved it to
>> arch? Otherwise, we have to define two unnecessary
>> fields(irq_summary and irq_pending) for vcpu structure for compile
>> pass.
> We don't have an irqchip at all. Nevertheless we have the need to
> inject interrupts from userspace. How does the in-kernel irqchip get
> triggered to present an interruption from userland?

You mean you also need these two fields to hold irqs ?

If in-kernel irqchip works,  all irqs from userland may transfer to
kernel through another path. You can reference KVM_IRQ_LINE vm ioctl for
that.

If you don't need these two fields as well, we can use CONFIG_X86 macro
to comment out them in common code instead.

Xiantao