Avi Kivity wrote:
> Carlo Marcelo Arenas Belon wrote:
>> Avi, how would you like patches to fix build issues in ia64 to be
>> handled?, should be expected that kvm releases build for ia64? is
>> there any system that could be used as part of a compile farm /
>> testing for ia64?
>>

> In theory every commit should compile and build on ia64.  I still
> don't have an ia64 cross compiler so that doesn't work in practice.

Agree, for ia64 support, we indeed to assume build pass for every
commit.  But in fact it should be hard to operate, but at least to
assure workable commit for release version, since final users mostly
only use release kvm source. :)

>> if nothing is available hp's testdrive have some itanium systems
>> that could be used at least to validate the userspace part builds
>> (as I did) :
>>
>>   http://www.testdrive.hp.com/systems/itanium.shtml
>>

> I prefer a cross compiler, but if that turns out to difficult to set
> up, this can be a good substitute.

I will try to setup the environment and send the BKM to you  if it is
easy to go. :)

Xiantao