Hi Dan,

> On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 10:41:44AM +0100, Koen Vermeer wrote:
>> I'm running an Linux AMD64 guest on an AMD64 host. The host is running a
>> 2.6.23 kernel (self compiled), the guest is running a stock
>> linux-image-2.6.22-3-amd64 Debian kernel.
>> My problem is that the clock on the guest is off (slow), while the clock
>> on the host seems to be OK. When doing 'time sleep 10' on the guest, it
>> takes about 16 'real' seconds for it to finish.
> What is the clock source of your guest? If it is the traditional PIT,
> you describe a known problem in busy hosts. You may try to set
> clocksource=tsc in the guest kerenl parameters.

Thanks for your reply. I tried looking for PIT in dmesg, which didn't give
me anything. Then I tried 'dmesg|grep -i tsc' and I got

Time: tsc clocksource has been installed.

I then ran 'dmesg|grep -i clock' and got

ACPI: PM-Timer IO Port: 0xb008
time.c: Detected 1803.751 MHz processor.
Calibrating delay using timer specific routine.. 14442.19 BogoMIPS
(lpj=28884398)
Using local APIC timer interrupts.
Detected 62.628 MHz APIC timer.
* Found PM-Timer Bug on the chipset. Due to workarounds for a bug,
Time: tsc clocksource has been installed.
Real Time Clock Driver v1.12ac
PCI: Setting latency timer of device 0000:00:01.1 to 64
PCI: Setting latency timer of device 0000:00:01.2 to 64

The kernel command line is rather simple: root=/dev/hda1 ro quiet

Does that answer your question, or should I be looking somewhere else?

Thanks!

Koen