> On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 02:00:38PM +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>> > What is the clock source of your guest? If it is the traditional PIT,
>> > you describe a known problem in busy hosts. You may try to set
>> > clocksource=tsc in the guest kerenl parameters.
>> Thanks for your reply. I tried looking for PIT in dmesg, which didn't
>> give
>> me anything. Then I tried 'dmesg|grep -i tsc' and I got
>> Time: tsc clocksource has been installed.
> If this was done in the guest then, yes, your guest's clocksource is
> tsc.

Yes, this was done on the guest. The host shows

Marking TSC unstable due to TSCs unsynchronized
hpet0: at MMIO 0xfed00000, IRQs 2, 8, 31
hpet0: 3 32-bit timers, 25000000 Hz
Time: hpet clocksource has been installed.

> However, as Uri mentioned earlier, this is useful only with newer KVMs.
> I assume that your host runs the kvm from 2.6.23 which is pretty old in
> kvm timescale. Try downloading kvm-60, insmod it to your host and try
> running your guest.

I'll try building a kvm-60 module, run the guest with that and report the
results. I cannot do that immediately, though, because people are actually
using the guest system.

Best,
Koen