Alexander Graf wrote:

>> A static library  + headers (i.e. libfdt-devel.rpm) could have been
>> used, though Linux avoids external dependencies.
>>

> Why don't you try to talk to the other possible users and create a
> version of the library, that at least can be packaged, even though for
> now KVM would be the only user? Maybe others (unlikely Linux, maybe
> Xen, probably dtc) would like to have a central library for device
> trees too.

["you" == the ppc folk]

Good idea.  I can provide the rpm (and a tarball for non-rpm users) on
the sourceforge download site until it is upstreamed into the distros.
Most distros now allow external package maintainers, so it shouldn't be
too difficult to get it accepted.

Presumably the library will only rarely change.