Try adding the noapic option to your guest kernel. I re-ran that test on kvm-62
and my VM was able to run under load for more than 3-1/2 days (the network never
locked up; I stopped the test to try other variations).

One side effect of the noapic option is that irq balancing is disabled -- all
interrupts are delivered via CPU 0. I ran a few tests earlier this week without
the noapic option (hence with the apic) but with irq balancing disabled and
still had the lockups. It seems to be something specific to the apic.

david