2008/3/12, Andi Kleen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > Argh - being stupid here - it looks like these 'working' kernels were
>  > not SMP actually.
>  > As long as the SMP is used - I still get the busy loop :(
>  > Now being clueless....
>

> Sorry don't have the cycles to look into your problem, but the
>  standard procedure for hard problems that can be reproduced
>  is to git bisect them down to the change set that introduced the
>  problem originally and then complain to whoever authored that.

The problem is - I don't know about any working SMP kernel which would
survive this test - thought haven't got into a really big history -
tried something like 2.6.22 kernels - no luck - also many kernel seems
to be unbootable in SMP mode on my machine giving many oopses - in
fact just 2.6.24 series starts to be at least reliable in booting in
my Qemu setup without failing during disk mounting or in some other
place...

Will try to find probably some 2.6.18 kernel and will check what happens.

On the other hand - I've tried to replicate my bug on few other
machines with no luck actually - so it's something which might not be
easy to trace :(

Zdenek