Anthony Liguori wrote:
> >I'm of the view that '-aio auto' would be a really good option - and
> >when it's proven itself, it should be the default.  It could work on
> >all QEMU hosts: it would pick synchronous IO when there is nothing else.
>
> Right now, not specifying the -aio option is equivalent to your proposed
> -aio auto.
>
> I guess I should include an info aio to let the user know what type of
> aio they are using.  We can add selection criteria later but
> semantically, not specifying an explicit -aio option allows QEMU to
> choose whichever one it thinks is best.

Great.  I guess the next step is to add selection criteria, otherwise
a million Wikis will tell everyone to use '-aio linux' :-)

Do you know what the selection criteria should be - or is there a
document/paper somewhere which says (ideally from benchmarks)?  I'm
interested for an unrelated project using AIO - so I'm willing to help
get this right to some extent.

-- Jamie