On 05/16/2012 04:13 AM, Alexander Graf wrote:
> On 05/16/2012 11:02 AM, Sethi Varun-B16395 wrote:

This was something Stuart pulled out of my local working tree from a
commit where the entire commit message was "crit ints and misc emulation
stuff to be sorted through". :-P

Looking through previous versions of the history, the ifdefs were how
Varun originally added critical interrupt support.  I probably changed
it to the "NOTE:" version without ifdefs, and the "misc emulation stuff"
patch was just waiting for me to integrate that change properly with
things like crit ints that weren't part of the e500mc patchset I posted.

That said, if this code ever does get used for debug or similar
non-emulation access, it would be nicer to fail than to return garbage
-- but what isn't nice is increasing the points where this stuff is
decided at compile time.

-Scott