Jan Kiszka wrote:

We need to handle branch tracing and last branch recording as well.  It
doesn't have to be in this patchset, though.

IIRC, both features are fairly vendor specific. Do we have the same
level of support on both AMD and Intel CPUs? Moreover, I doubt that the
debug interface would be the right place for them.

Branch tracing is common, and is very much related to debugging (it modifies singlestep to trap only on branches, not on non-branching insns). LBR is either common or very similar, and is also very important for debugging.