Jan Kiszka wrote:
Well, might be useful. But then we would also have to teach this support
to the gdb remote protocol and the gdb frontend, because neither of both
seems to make use of it yet. And do other archs have it as well? If at
all, I guess the way this is realized there varies a lot, and thus
abstracting it is the real problem.

However, we can keep it in mind for the time the basic feature set works
perfectly. :)

Right, no need to implement it now. But you can reserve some bytes in the ioctl argument.