On Monday 23 June 2008 10:40:33 Avi Kivity wrote:
> Yang, Sheng wrote:

> >> Oh we'll certainly hack something for the external modules.
> >
> > Yeah, add a virt flags is more directly, and I think it's not hard to be
> > accepted. I will do that.
>
> Perhaps just adding to the standard flags line is best, since tools
> already read it.

I was thinking of it before, but later I think it's not very proper.
1. The standard flag covered upper level of cpu capability.
2. If we add virtual feature to standard flag, I am afraid it would grow too
fast.

So I prefer to add a new "virt flag".

> > And as Dor said, I think we also need a relative elegant method for the
> > modules. So maybe we can keep these patches? Without that bash script. :)
>
> I'll just copy the code that finally makes it and put it in
> kernel/external-module-compat.c.  Patches would stop applying soon.

You means the current patchset or patch for /proc/cpuinfo? :)

--
Thanks
Yang, Sheng