2008/7/23 Henrik Holst <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> I do not know if this is a bug in qemu or the linux kernel sym53c8xx
> module (I haven't had the opportunity to test with anything other than
> Linux at the moment) but if one starts an qemu instance with -m 4096
> and larger the scsi emulated disk fails in the Linux guest.
>
> If booting any install cd the /dev/sda is seen as only 512B in size
> and if booting an ubuntu 8.04-amd64 with the secondary drive as scsi
> it is seen with the correct size but one cannot read not write the
> partition table.
>
> Is there anyone out there that could test say a Windows image on scsi
> with 4GB or more of RAM and see if it works or not? If so it could be
> the linux driver that is faulty.
>
> /Henrik Holst

I've just tried with OpenBSD 4.3 and even with -m 256 it failed
miserable with the scsi driver. qemu wrote a million lines of:
"lsi_scsi: error: Reselect with pending DMA" to the console.

The same problem occured with -no-kvm so this seams to be a qemu
related problem. Has scsi always been this broken? Since IDE can only
handle a total of 4 drives and virtio is only available to linux
guests this makes KVM somewhat useless at the moment, arghh.

/Henrik Holst