On Friday 01 August 2008 05:15:11 Sebastian Herbszt wrote:
> Yang, Sheng wrote:
> > Rather than 0x10000, which can be overrided by userspace program
> > like grub.
>
> Could you please explain this problem?
> If i don't misunderstand this smp_ap_boot_code_start from
> rombios32start.S gets copied to AP_BOOT_CODE and then there is a
> broadcast INIT and SIPI. After the code is run it's not used
> anymore so there should be no need to care where it's located.
>
> - Sebastian

Hi Sebastian

Please refer to my another patch comment. Basicly, AP is running HLT
in 0x10038, but it can exit due to some reason, here QEmu want to
raise it up . But after AP exit from HLT, it can't return to it
because the code was overrided by grub and no HLT loop there. Then AP
had gone away...

--
regards
Yang, Sheng