Mark McLoughlin a écrit :
Hi,

On Sat, 2008-08-23 at 21:21 +0200, Fabian Deutsch wrote:
Hey.

When running a guest in the following setup, I observ a "massive"
performance decrease after a couple of gigabytes of transfrerred data.

other guests keep running fine (no regressions) and nothing unusual is
observed on the host.

If you do "killall -ALRM qemu-kvm" after the slowdown has occurred, does
it make things speed up again for a while?

Too soon to say if it works for us as it seems the problem is long to trigger in our case ; Anyway as the problem seems similar, it's good to know it is probably fixed.

If so, the issue is fixed by:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=ba661292a2bc6ddd305a212b0526e5dc22195fe7

It also got applied in 2.6.26.3 and 2.6.25.16.

Ok, so upgrading the kernel is sufficient ?

Cheers,
Mark.

Thanks for the answer,
greetings,

--
Yann Dupont - Service IRTS, DSI Université de Nantes
Tel : 02.51.12.53.91 - Mail/Jabber : [EMAIL PROTECTED]