Sheng Yang wrote:
> Hi, Avi
>
> Here is the latest update of MTRR/PAT support.
>
> Change from v2:
> Discard the using of MSR bitmap, add MSR_IA32_CR_PAT to save/restore, as well
> as rebase on latest upstream.

Applied all; my comments about shadow can be addressed later.

There is also the danger of the guest setting the wrong MTRR type for
RAM, thus introducing incompatible memory types (between qemu and the
guest).  If this is a problem, we should ignore the guest's mtrr (and
pat) for RAM and use write-back instead.

--
Do not meddle in the internals of kernels, for they are subtle and quick to
panic.