Sheng Yang wrote:
Yeah, I think the condition I mentioned is a example of yours. But in fact it's difficult to get a optimize value... I think it's possible that qemu may access all memory it owned, if so, no guest mtrr would affect. But how can we tell qemu would access which region of memory? We know it for vram, but any other cases? Seems it's indeed a big potential problem... If we want to do this, maybe we can hack something into host cache consistent check, though it's pretty dirty and got limit usage...

qemu will access all of memory, for example during live migration.

So we need to distinguish between RAM and mmio somehow.

signature is too narrow to contain.