Eduardo Habkost <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I am still wondering if a simple function pointer (instead of a full
> notifier interface) would be good enough. It looks like a reasonable
> tradeoff.

Oh sorry.   As long as we do the whole rcu protected thing so it is safe
to call the function without taking locks it should work.  I'm not
thrilled about a function pointer but it should work.

> I think I will get flamed if I try to pull to the core a bunch of code
> that always lived in the KVM module.  8)

Why is KVM modular anyway?  That seems like some pretty core cpu
functionality...

> And even if we pull those functions to the core, we will still have
> a function pointer on the new code anyway, because we would need to
> support vmx and svm.

Depending.  It doesn't sound like svm has the problem where init doesn't
work so svm really doesn't need to do this.

Eric