On 30.10.2008, at 19:10, Avi Kivity wrote:

Anthony Liguori wrote:
+static int stgi_interception(struct vcpu_svm *svm, struct kvm_run *kvm_run)
+{

It feels a little strange to see this here instead of an implementation of stgi/clgi in x86_emulate. Any reason for not going that route?

We already know the instruction is stgi, no need to go through the guest page tables to fetch it. We do the same thing for all instructions for which we have the length and all the information necessary to execute it.

GIF somehow needs exposure to userspace too, right? Otherwise, when using -no-kernel-apic, userspace may try to inject an interrupt when the guest cannot handle it, right?

Hmm, right, it needs to close the interrupt window.

Yes, it's broken with -no-kernel-apic, since the userspace doesn't know the window is closed. Any good suggestions here? Joerg and me decided to just ignore the non-kernel-apic case, but if it's important we might want to sync the hflags with userspace, so we can export the GIF.

Alex