On Mon, Nov 03, 2008 at 08:24:49AM +0100, Alexander Graf wrote:

> Am 03.11.2008 um 00:36 schrieb "Glauber Costa" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> >>I checked and it doesn't.
> >Funny. Rawhide version does exactly that.
>
> So when a Fedora user installs the kvm userspace, he can't run vmware/
> parallels/vbox and the like without fiddling?

Fedora focuses on making the best possible free software experiance,
without compromising it for sake of closed source software. If vendors
of out of tree kernel modules want a good experiance for their users,
they can work to get the neccessary support merged in upstream kernel
trees. Many vendors over the years have shipped out of tree network
or disk drivers - we don't avoid loading the in kernel driver just in
case in conflicts with a out of tree replacement nic/disk module. The
same applies for virtualization - one in tree kernel module should be
made to be sufficient for all userspace apps that want to use virt.
KVM is the only in tree virt module at this time, so we load it by
default. If the KVM module isn't sufficient to other userspace virt
apps, then they need to work with the kernel community to address that,
not create many out of tree modules duplicating each other's functionality.

Daniel