walt wrote:

BTW, I've been through the same steps twice and
get the same results, so I don't think it's flakey
hardware. OTOH today is a new day, so I'll try it
again to triple check.

Tried again all the way from the beginning and got
the same result.  The commit step is where things go
wrong every time.

I know qcow2 is not considered quite ready for prime
time, but having that commit feature is important to
me so I'd love to see it work correctly.

Any chance that 'commit' could be added to raw as
well as qcow2?

Thanks.