Bugs item #2318236, was opened at 2008-11-20 13:41
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by ryandbair
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=893831&aid=2318236&group_id=180599

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Here is the stdout with SCSI_DEBUG enabled. The guest is Windows Server 2003 R2
x64 with an emulated scsi device being served from a 36GB raw file on a Debian
Lenny host with KVM-79. I get the mentioned error on both quick and full format.

Let me know if there is anything else I can provide that would be of assistance.

Date: 2008-12-02 09:52

Message:
Sorry, I meant to reply to bug 2171940 but got a bit confused while
attempting to attach a file.

I'm seeing the same issue as in that bug. Setup is extremely unstable with
SCSI drives and formatting the drive always results in an error saying that
the drive could not be formatted and it may be faulty. I've also tried
preformatting the drive, in that case it eventually gives a BSOD while
copying files with ntfs.sys being the faulting module. I've retried a the
setup about 6 times and the results are consistent.

Comment By: Avi Kivity (avik)
Date: 2008-11-23 13:46

Message:
What exactly is the problem you're seeing?