On 04/14/2013 11:53 AM, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:

>> > Initializing them only when they're actually needed will do the trick here.
> Not initializing, adding the buffers. In the current spec, initialization
> is always done before DRIVER_OK.

Yeah, that's better, but we're going to need a spec change either way since even
adding the buffers is specifically stated to happen before DRIVER_OK:

"""
        6. The receive virtqueues should be filled with receive buffers. This
is described
in detail below in “Setting Up Receive Buffers”.
"""

Thanks,
Sasha