On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 11:59:42AM -0400, Sasha Levin wrote:

> > Not initializing, adding the buffers. In the current spec, initialization
> > is always done before DRIVER_OK.
>
> Yeah, that's better, but we're going to need a spec change either way since
> even
> adding the buffers is specifically stated to happen before DRIVER_OK:
>
> """
>       6. The receive virtqueues should be filled with receive buffers. This
> is described
> in detail below in “Setting Up Receive Buffers”.
> """
>
> Thanks,
> Sasha

Yes but that's a minor point, specific to virio-net.
The main point was to ensure that VQs should have buffers before they get
any packets.

OTOH VQ init bere DRIVER_OK is a generic virtio thing: DRIVER_OK means
we can start sending interrupts and we expect driver to be ready to get
them.

Let's solve the real problem with buffers, a couple of pages per VQ
shouldn't be an issue.

--
MST