On May 15, 2013, at 10:30 AM, Gleb Natapov wrote:

> On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 09:54:24AM -0700, David Daney wrote:

>>> I did some digging around myself, since the linker keeps complaining that
>>> it can't find min_low_pfn when compiling the KVM module.  It seems that it
>>> is indirectly pulled in by the cache management functions.
>>>

>> If it is really needed, then the export should probably be done at
>> the site of the min_low_pfn definition, not in some random
>> architecture file.
>>
> Definitely. We cannot snick it here like that. Please drop it from this
> patch.

I did export min_low_pfn where it was defined (in .../mm/bootmem.c) as part of
the original patch set. It conflicted with the ia64/metag ports.  min_low_pfn
is exported in arch/ia64/kernel/ia64_ksyms.c and in
arch/metag/kernel/metag_ksyms.c.

There was some chatter about this when the KVM/MIPS code ended up in
linux-next.  From what I can gather, the maintainers for the other
architectures agreed that exporting this symbol in bootmem.c was fine and
should flow from the MIPS tree.  I'll do that as part of v2 of the patch set.

Regards
Sanjay