On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 11:36:02AM -0700, Sanjay Lal wrote:

> On May 15, 2013, at 10:30 AM, Gleb Natapov wrote:

> >> If it is really needed, then the export should probably be done at
> >> the site of the min_low_pfn definition, not in some random
> >> architecture file.
> >>
> > Definitely. We cannot snick it here like that. Please drop it from this
> > patch.
> >

> I did export min_low_pfn where it was defined (in .../mm/bootmem.c) as part
> of the original patch set. It conflicted with the ia64/metag ports.
> min_low_pfn is exported in arch/ia64/kernel/ia64_ksyms.c and in
> arch/metag/kernel/metag_ksyms.c.
>
> There was some chatter about this when the KVM/MIPS code ended up in
> linux-next.  From what I can gather, the maintainers for the other
> architectures agreed that exporting this symbol in bootmem.c was fine and
> should flow from the MIPS tree.  I'll do that as part of v2 of the patch set.

Make it a separate patch and send it to linux-kernel and
linux...@kvack.org and affected arch maintainers. Or you can add export
to arch/mips/kernel/mips_ksyms.c and ask Ralf to take it. I can take it
via kvm tree with Ralf's ack too. In the commit message have a good
explanation why it is needed please.

--
                        Gleb.