Hi, Leif,

2011/1/7 Leif Lodahl <leiflod...@gmail.com>

> Hi all,
> Do I understand correct that one week before axpected release we get 127
> new
> strings to translate?
>
> A few days ago I saw Michael Meeks write in an email that release is
> expected within very shor time (next week was his words).
>
> I see more and more that we will *not* be able to get a complete
> translatione ready for release. I'm sorry but I can't release a product
> that
> is not translated. I fear that our first 'production' release will end up
> being a very low quality product that will never get in production
> anywhere.
>

> If you ask me, a patch with strings comitted this close to release should
> be
> rejected (actually be postponed). If we have changes at present that are
> needed - ok fine, but then the release should be postponed.

LO is still in its first steps and the interpretation of RC is not the same
as with OOo (at least not for 3.3) - in RC2 several things don't work yet
(see known limitations) etc. LO RC2 is more like a beta version in the OOo
dev language.

As localization teams we must strive to offer our users a completely
localized experience. I rather see "wild" deadlines instead of non-fully
localizable GUI (the will to get smaller localization issues solved, even if
just before the release date, is a great change from the OOo development
that wouldn't even bother with these issues).

127 new strings should not pose a serious problem for a localization team,
just the deadline itself could be a problem. I hope the releases team will
give enough time for it (I already translated the new strings yesterday).

Lp, m.