On 01/02/11 22:50, Andras Timar wrote:
> Hi Localizers,
>
> Today I cherry-picked some bugfixes to libreoffice-3-3 branch. 14
> strings were changed/added. I updated lo-build.pot and po files in git.
> Rimas, can you please update Pootle.
>
> The deadline is Sunday, February 6, 21:00 UTC. RC1 is due to February 7,
> and only serious blockers can be fixed after that date.
>
> Also, I started to work on leveraging translation fixes from various
> sources. The first language was Danish. Source of updated translation
> was OOo Pootle. I used translate-toolkit 1.8.1 and I created an msgmerge
> script at ~/bin.
>
> #!/bin/bash
> /usr/bin/msgmerge --previous $@
>
> With this argument, when merging translations as fuzzy old source
> message will be preserved as a message comment. This helps when fixing
> fuzzy translations as old and new source message can be easily compared.
> Some PO editors provide in-line comparison visualization.
>
> 1. I extracted strings from LibreOffice:
> $ localize -e -l en-US -f en-US.sdf
> $ grep -v ^nlpsolver en-US.sdf > en-US.2
> $ mv en-US.2 en-US.sdf
>
> 2. I created pot files:
> $ oo2po -P -i en-US.sdf pot
>
> 3. I extracted Danish po files to da-orig directory.
>
> 4. I created lo-build extra po files from lo-build-da.sdf
> $ oo2po -i lo-build-da.sdf -l da da-lobuild
>
> 5. I copied those po files from da-lobuild to da-orig which did not
> exist there.
>
> 6. I concatenated da-orig and da-lobuild po files.
> $ mkdir da
> $ cd da-lobuild
> $ for i in `find . -type f`;do msgcat --use-first $i ../da-orig/$i
>> ../da/$i;done
>
> 7. Finally I migrated translations.
> $ cd ..
> $ pomigrate2 -C -F da da-new pot
>
> 8. Updated Danish po files are in da-new, upload to Pootle, etc....
>
> Problems:
> * fuzzies where one would not expect
> * untranslated strings
>    - basic/source/app.po (it is not there in OOo Pootle, prolly on
> purpose and can be ignored)
>    - scp2/accessories.po and extensions.po (their translations are
> generated by localize-oo script, can be ignored for the time being)
>
> So, in the limited timeframe until translation deadline all l10n teams
> have two options:
>
> 1. Have lo-build-xx.po translated in Pootle and do nothing else.
>
> -- OR --
>
> 2. Download SDF and/or pot files from here:
> http://ftp.fsf.hu/LibreOffice/libreoffice-3-3-en-US-2011-02-01.pot.tar.bz2
> http://ftp.fsf.hu/LibreOffice/libreoffice-3-3-en-US-2011-02-01.sdf.bz2
> Update your localization as you wish. Ask for tips and tricks here.
> Share your tips and tricks. Submit the URL of your localized UI and/or
> help. If you send po files to Rimas, I'm sure he'll put them to the
> newly created Pootle modules.
> http://translations.documentfoundation.org/projects/libo33x_help/
> [...]

Which conclusion did Leif come to?

I don't quite get what you meant in the last part. Update our translations?

..."Submit the URL of your localized UI and/or help."

This was very fuzzy. What am I supposed to do here? It almost sounds like
we have to start from scratch, which would be complete madness.

Regards,

Olav