On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 2:00 AM, Andras Timar <tima...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2012/8/6 Martin Srebotnjak <mi...@filmsi.net>:
>>
>> Since some look like stoppers, especially the extension/bundled
>> dictionary bug, I wonder what localization teams leads think about it.
>>
>> What is an office suite without a broken basic spell-checking function?
>>
> Workaround exists, and workaround does not have side effects, so it is
> not a stopper.
>
> Andras

I'm not convinced.  Kludgy workarounds are no excuse for not fixing
critical bugs before a major release.  I'm afraid that I have to agree
with Martin that I would have considered that particular bug a
blocker.  My general impression is that FOSS users are not hung up on
schedules and a delayed release is not a big deal, but missing major
features in a major release seems like a bad idea.

You never get a second chance to make a good first impression.

cjl