Hi :)
Thanks :)  I think

Computes the internal rate of return for a series of cash flows

is a minor improvement on the 2nd one.  Neither make any sense to me but some
background reading about the topic made it clear i would never understand
enough to get a short simple sentence.  The 2nd one suggests that the function
can handle a number of inputs and then generate a single output value.  The
first suggests that you have got to put in several different parameters  in
order to get a single output value.

Regards from
Tom :)