Hi Tom,

On Thursday, 2014-04-10 21:58:57 +0100, Tom Davies wrote:

> OpenOffice is listed along with many OpenSource projects in the "who uses"
> section
> http://cldr.unicode.org/#TOC-Who-uses-CLDR-
>
> So i wonder if there is a good reason why LibreOffice didn't use it because
> at first glance it looks fairly fantastic to me.  Is there some politics or
> licensing that makes it difficult for LibreOffice to be involved or was it
> just not as useful as it's looks at first glance or some other good reason
> for not being involved?

LibreOffice uses CLDR to the same extent (or more) as OpenOffice.org
did. Just that it is not listed there (care to change that? ;-)  In fact
OOo contributed its locale data to the CLDR back when CLDR was created.
However, CLDR does not provide all locale data LibreOffice needs, or
differently, and is not a global cure for all locale problems.

> Getting back to the initial question, would it be difficult to list the
> languages each in their own language?

See my reply there, for me as a developer adding language entries it
would be at least more difficult.

  Eike

GPG key ID: 0x65632D3A - 2265 D7F3 A7B0 95CC 3918  630B 6A6C D5B7 6563 2D3A
Support the FSFE, care about Free Software! https://fsfe.org/support/?erack