On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 12:46 PM, Jesper Hertel <jesper.her...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I think what Safa meant was whether the curly brackets have any technical
> meaning that we should be aware of. That is, whether they are treated in a
> special way by the system.
>
> And I believe that was a very good question. I am still looking forward to
> someone giving a clear and full answer to it.
>  Den 01/11/2014 15.16 skrev "anne-ology" <lagin...@gmail.com>:

 The full answer is:

> > From: Urmas <davian...@gmail.com>
> > Date: Sat, Nov 1, 2014 at 4:49 AM
> > Subject: [libreoffice-l10n] Re: What are the strings in Curly brackets
> > {...}?
> > To: l10n@global.libreoffice.org
> >
> > They mark the part of the string which can be omitted if there is no
> > [parameters] value available inside them.

Example:

The file [1] is being held in use {by the following process: [2]}.

Now if [2] resolves to "explorer.exe" for example, then the resulting
string will be printed as:

The file example.txt is being held in use by the following process:
explorer.exe.

But if [2] is not known and resolves to empty sting, then the resulting
string will be:

The file example.txt is being held in use.