I won't pretend I understood the Chinese and Japanese cases, however, seems to me ALL this, or at least the most representative parts, should go into help, all languages, possibly not into the specific Basic function but into some separate subclause ("handling the multi-byte codings?"). This shouldn't be considered a "duplicate" of the relevant standards, but an explanation of what is actually implemented in LO.