Hi Stanislav, *,

On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 9:52 AM, Stanislav Horáček
<stanislav.hora...@gmail.com> wrote:
> <lohmaier+ooofut...@googlemail.com>:
>> On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 6:14 PM, Sérgio Marques <smarque...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Can you please explain me if we (PT team) don´t work on master, will strings
>>> translated in 5.0 branch land on master afterwards or not?
>>
>> There is no server-side migration of 5.0 strings to master.
>>
>> If you decide not to work on master, you'll have to sync files for 5.1
>> with local tools or on special request. There won't be automatic
>> merges back to master.
>
> I suppose it means that master is the preferred way -

Yes, it is. As if you're up-to-date on master you'll have less work to
to when a release is branched off.
Sure, for the transition period it is more work, and if your
completion rate is low, it also might not be worth bothering, but:

> and that's
> really different from what was promised in discussion about master:

Not really.

> "→ for those languages who chose not to make use of master, shortly
> before the branch-off of 4-5 the translations of 4-4 will be copied to
> master (override current master translation) and updated against
> templates." [1]

How is that different? "On special request". That's still the same.

The main point is this what follows that quote:
"Changes you do on master will be overridden when you request copying
from 4-4. So either do any merges yourself, or don't complain
afterwards."

If you don't want to use master, don't use master. If you request a
merge to be done by pootle-admins, they won't bother to merge changes
that happened on master, but just overwrite everything with whatever
source you request.

ciao
Christian