I personally think is a great idea. Everyone has different needs and if LO can reach every market and platform, I think is a big win.

On 2016-04-24 09:54 PM, anne-ology wrote:
        yes, I agree.

        With these external hard-drives, it's quite simple to save whatever
to these, taking mere seconds to so do as well.

From: Michael Bauer <f...@akerbeltz.org>
Date: Sun, Apr 24, 2016 at 3:11 PM
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] LibreOffice on the cloud - Open365
To: anne-ology <lagin...@gmail.com>, l10n@global.libreoffice.org

Well, the answer to both in a sense is "in circumstance which at the moment
force you on to Google Docs or Office 365". While I agree that the cloud is
over-hyped, it has it's uses. And as always, regular backups are the thing,
because whether the cloud or your local system, stuff *will* get fried at
the most inconvenient moment.

So yes, I'd love LO in an online form ... if the localizations come with it.

Michael

Sgrìobh anne-ology na leanas 24/04/2016 aig 20:13:

        silly is as silly does;

           although now I have some questions:

          (1) when would one use LO on-line?
          (2) if one places everything on-line, then when these satellites
falter - or fail - how would one retrieve their data?

          to me, this 'only being on-line' thinking leaves me with the same
thought as when these skyscrapers - continually being built even taller -
are situated in the midst of concreted land ... what will they do if the
electricity should go off for whatever reason? - the elevators won't
operate, their 'phones won't operate, they don't have a pantry of food
staples, ... ... ... ???