Hi Sveinn

It seems like the empty sting was marked for translation:

#define RID_UPDATE_BUBBLE_DOWNLOADING
NC_("RID_UPDATE_BUBBLE_DOWNLOADING", "")

https://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/extensions/inc/strings.hrc#320

This RID_UPDATE_BUBBLE_DOWNLOADING was an empty string before the gettext
migration too:
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/extensions/source/update/check/updatehdl.src?id=00657aef09d854c74fb426a935a3e8b1fc390bb0

But I think now the gettext framework would retrieve the mo file header
here, which is probably not the expected behavior.

Could you file a bug report please?

Regards
Gabor