Hi,

On Wednesday, 2021-05-19 10:14:37 +0200, Sophie Gautier wrote:

> Le 19/05/2021 à 04:03, Hlompho Mota a écrit :
> > South Sotho as its called has a dialect more aimed at South Africa. Lesotho
> > has its own way of presenting the language.
> > Given that challenge, rather than offending people, I think it would be
> > ideal to have Sesotho. We don't do the whole Northern and Southen Sotho
> > thing...
>
> So what would be the language code to use given that we already have
> Southern Sotho (st) in Weblate and researching for it, ISO gives:
> https://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/php/langcodes_name.php?iso_639_1=st

We already have "Northern Sotho" in the language list, ISO 639-2 'nso'.

In Weblate https://translations.documentfoundation.org/languages/nso/

Its actual standard name seems to be Pedi
https://iso639-3.sil.org/code/nso
but everywhere else named Northern Sotho (except in Weblate ;-)

In the language list we may want to rename

Northern Sotho -> Sotho, Northern
Southern Sotho -> Sotho, Southern

so they are grouped together when alphabetically sorted.

  Eike

--
GPG key 0x6A6CD5B765632D3A - 2265 D7F3 A7B0 95CC 3918  630B 6A6C D5B7 6563 2D3A