Rob Weir wrote:
A question we received on Facebook that I did not have an answer for.
Do we support Latin American Spanish?

There are many people who know the issue better than me, but at the moment we distribute one Spanish version and we host a variety of Spanish dictionaries on the Extensions site.

I know there are differences in the spoken language, but are there
many in writing?
Is there any demand for a translation?

I don't recall anyone writing to this list and volunteering to make a variant of the Spanish UI translation.

Do we have spell checking dictionary support for Latin American Spanish?

Many, many of them. Search "diccionario" on the Extensions site:

http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/search?query=diccionario&sort_by=field_project_stats_year&sort_order=DESC

You will see dozens of variants of the same dictionary, released by the same project and specialized for specific countries/cultures.

Regards,
  Andrea.