On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 6:07 AM, Jon Peli Oleaga <oleaga...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>

> I see that the basque
> website is outdated, but I do not know how exactly I could work to
> update it.
>

> I have read the
> instructions on the http://openoffice.apache.org/website-native.html
> page but still I am not able to do anything; not because the
> instructions are bad, but because I do not understand quite well the
> informaticians' language. For instance, I do not know what is exactly
> a ”svn copy” or how “publish via the CMS”.
>

> Any way, I think that I am
> going to be able to translate HTML files because I have a small
> experience doing it.
>

> I would like to start
> doing things like in the third approach in the forwarded Rob's message
> (Brazilian Portuguese)

In that example you would translate just the home page's text.  The
links on that page would then link to English pages.  That is an good
way to start.  It is easy to then add more translated pages later.
For example, the download page is a good 2nd page to have translated.

> How could I start doing
> the translation? Need I to sign anywhere to start translating the
> main page of the website?

I'll do the prep work on the website to make a Basque test page.  It
will be at www.openoffice.org/eu-test.   I'll send you a zip file
containing the files.  When you have the home page translated you can
mail it back to me and I'll check it in.  When you approve /eu-test on
the website, then I can replace the old /eu website with the new one.

Regards,

-Rob