Am 18.01.22 um 23:04 schrieb Keith N. McKenna:
On Sun, 16 Jan 2022 16:16:10 +0100, Marcus wrote:

Am 15.01.22 um 23:02 schrieb Keith N. McKenna:
As the have been a number of requests lately to translate the
OpenOffice.org website, I wanted to ask if there is a documented
process of how to go about this.

I know that we used to have generic set of files that we would send to
the requester to translate via a zip file. Do we still have that as an
option or should something new be documented so that we can refer
potential translators to it?

there is no written form. Just some parts in a few brains. ;-)

Mostly it's the template pages in the "xx/" and its sub-dirs that should
be translated. Here and there it's also helpful to translate part of
text from the English main website.

I believe that it would be helpful to pick those few brains as to exactly
what should be translated, and where it is located so that we can have a
concise methodolgy to give to potential translators, along with the
excellent help from l10n@ when needed.

yes, you are of course right.

Let's make a deal: ;-)

I write some points / few sentences and Matthias can add what he knows. Then you can make a good documention (maybe incl. some screenshots?) of it and put it at a god placein confluence. The we have always a good pointer when questions arise.

What do you think?

Marcus